Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update

It is a lot harder to eat all these macadamia nuts than I thought it would be!  I got annoyed at the taste and texture about halfway through my first bag (and I've got 5 of them to get through...)  I just started my 3rd, I'm really trying to spread them out over the day but I've still got 2 more after this and I won't be able to eat again until after 6ish.

I'm definitely feeling the effects of eating almost pure fat already.  My stomach gets all weird after I forced feed myself a whole bag.  It's supposed to force your body into flushing out a bunch of fat stores though, so it should be worth it.  IT BETTER BE WORTH IT lol...  I would honestly rather limit myself to 200 calories of the tasty spaghetti I had yesterday than eat 1000 calories of this, but this is supposed to result in the fastest weight loss possible.

Here are some links to an old blog of someone doing (and stopping) the Kekwick (she lost 5 lbs in 2 days...):
http://pureana.blogspot.com/2008/02/day-1-done.html
http://pureana.blogspot.com/2008/02/morning-of-day-2.html
http://pureana.blogspot.com/2008/02/off-of-kekwick.html

I am PRAYING that I don't get sick like she did...

Another link for your information:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5821136/burn_stored_fat_fast_with_the_kekwick.html?cat=5

3 comments:

  1. If you want to lose weight fast, I have been having a lot of luck with this Low-Carb diet. I know it sounds cliche but I have been losing a pound a day and I eat all the time. I just don't eat more than 20g of carbs in a day (which is difficult, but doable). I also bought some Ketostix to see how much fat I am burning and it is A LOT.
    Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I will definitely consider it, probably after the Kekwick since I already bought a ton of macadamia nuts lol. Anyway, just curious--about how many calories would you guess you consume in a day? Also, how long have you been steadily losing weight on it? Thanks again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been counting calories because I know if I saw how many I was consuming I would probably get freaked out and eat less, get hungry and binge on carbs. But if I were to give a rough estimate, I would say maybe around 1500. (Wow, after adding that up, no wonder I get full)

    I usually start off with eggs (like, 4 of them) w/ parm cheese and coffee with heavy cream (or half and half) and a dash of cinnamon for breakfast. For lunch I will often have a salad with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and feta cheese. Dinner varies, but it's usually a meat and a veggie. Last night I had sockeye salmon and broccoli. Throughout the day I snack on these asiago cheese crisp things that I made
    (link here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm).

    It's weird because I eat ALL DAY but I have been losing about a pound a day for about 10 days now. I'm so excited about it.

    There are some things I don't like. You can't really eat fruit (my all time FAVORITE food group) and you have to limit your veggies so I have been taking some extra vitamins to make sure I am getting the nutrients I need. Plus at the beginning I wasn't especially "regular" but that's starting to work itself out. It also helps to drink TONS of water all day long.

    ReplyDelete