Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frozen

Yay so yesterday I stuck to my goal of 200-300 calories and I feel great today!

I had:
-most of a corn tortilla ~ 80 calories
-1 leaf of lettuce ~ 5 calories
-1 tbsp of hummus ~ 25 calories
-1/2 veggie patty ~ 85 calories
-4 sips of Odwalla Mango Tango ~ 50 calories
for a grand total of ~245 calories!

I had this all for dinner by spreading the hummus on the tortilla, breaking the veggie patty into the tortilla, and then topping it with lettuce to make a little taco.  It was delicious and flavorful so it kept me full for the rest of the night.

I was also able to sneak my scale into the bathroom to weigh myself really quick since my roommates all left the apartment before me.  I am now down to 115.5 pounds :) 

I also discovered a little trick to keep from eating everything in sight.  I've been portioning out all of my dry foods, but I've had to eye out how much I should eat of regular food that I keep in the refrigerator.  Usually I'm really good about it, but this has resulted in me throwing out a bunch of food at the end of the week that I didn't eat.  Yesterday it finally dawned on me that I should just freeze everything.  So I measured out how much I'll eat for the rest of the week (through Friday) and froze the rest.  This way I can't eat more than I planned since all of my food is frozen, but I also won't waste any expensive food.  So far I've frozen tortillas, tofu, beefless strips, veggie patties, strawberries, and soy yogurt.  I may add some Mango Tango and bananas by the end of the week.  My main problem now is that there isn't really any space left in the freezer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment