Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Post #3 of the day...

I managed to get through today, but I definitely underestimated the difficulty of this diet plan.  I kept thinking about the calories when planning to do this, and 1000 seemed like so much that I wouldn't have a problem doing it.  But the real challenge is how sick I am of macadamia nuts already, and how badly I want to take a nibble of something/anything else.

When I would restrict, often times I would take little bites of everything.  A mini pretzel, a slice of an apple, one craisin, etc. until I reached my calorie limit.  Or I would prepare something really flavorful so that even if I couldn't eat much of it, I would still be satisfied after eating it.  But this diet is NOT satisfying.  First of all, the nuts make me really thirsty so I constantly feel full of water + the water washes out any taste I had in my mouth, making me feel like I hadn't eaten anything.  Also, after the first few nuts of the day, I didn't want to eat any more.  So I have to force myself to eat them by telling myself that I can't eat anything else since I might ruin the whole thing if I do.  Which means I'm only eating them out of necessity, not because it tastes good or because I'm hungry.  And so now I'm having really bad cravings for any food, way more than when I restrict down to 200 calories.

At least the thought of having consumed 900 calories from fat today scares me into not wanting to take any risks of ruining the diet-->forcing me to continue and not eat anything else.

...well, "only" 3 more days!

3 comments:

  1. I'm starting this diet tomorrow and I'm really excited/nervous about it. I've always avoided fat, so this'll be weird. I'm already planning out a lot of my meals so it won't be so difficult. I'm vegetarian, so that does create some limits. Have you considered eating something other than macadamia nuts?? Avocados, fake meat and cheese, sesame and soy products, coconut, other nuts and legumes are all great foods high in fat and protein. Let me know how it goes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to maximize the fat content in what I eat, which is why I chose to stick with macadamias. But it does get old, so last night I added peanut butter lol. I probably should try a day of just eating peanut butter since I love it so much--I would end up getting sick of it and not eat it when I feel like binging lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love peanut butter too. mmm :) the natural stuff is even better 'cause it's got omega-3 fats and no sugar. i also discovered these little sesame crisps which are tasty and packed with fat (11g per 1/4 c.!) glad to see this is a successful diet! i'm only on the first day, but i'm looking forward to seeing results!

    ReplyDelete