Friday, April 15, 2011

Period...

Meh my period started up today.  Somehow I had completely forgotten about it lol so when I when to the bathroom this morning I was slightly surprised but mostly "meh."  Ugh one more week of Lent fasting and I'll be bloated and crabby and craving every food in the world (even more so).

But I'm down to 112 pounds!  Plus I heard that your metabolism increases slightly during your period, so as long as maintain 300 cals a day then I should lose weight pretty quickly yay.  The only problem is the fact that I'll have to figure out how to maintain 300 cals when I'm already feeling ravenous right now (due to period + barely eating for the past month or so).

Ah well one week, I think I can do it!

Hmm so as exhausting as work/school is, I'm so glad that I am forced to stay out of my food-filled apartment until 6 Monday through Friday.  I've kept one piece of fruit in my bag with me at all times, but it's the same clementine I've had there for over a week (which means I haven't been eating anything during the day for an entire week!). Except that yesterday I took some snacks from work, which I usually would have removed from my bag and put somewhere else to eat later (as in much much later when I'm not restricting so much), but this time I forgot them there.  So now I have such tasty little snacks looking up at me everytime I open my bag (not to mention that my backpack is heavy enough as it is, making me think about the snacks I should have taken out yesterday so I wouldn't be carrying them around all day today).  Why do such small things torture me so lol?!?!

And since it's Friday and I'm bored but I don't want to do HW, here are some pictures lol



I never really cared for Nicole Ritchie until I started college, when I truly gained control over what I ate.  She's always seemed pretty to me and has a cute sense of style (and of course she's super thin), but I think what I like most about her is that everyone knows she used to be huge, and pictures of her from that time in her life still exist and are all over the internet. 

I HATE any old pictures of me.  I never ever want to think about high school especially.  Whenever I see an old picture of me, my first reaction is "ew" and then I take a closer look and just can't believe that's even me.  I can never recognize myself in old pictures.  And I hate meeting up with old friends who haven't seen me in a while because they always bring up "omg you're so much thinner than the last time I saw you!"  This sounds like a good thing (which it is) but I hate remembering how huge and disgusting I was.  I think that's why I wanted to go away for college, so I could just start over with new people who never knew what I used to look like (that is, until they find old pictures of me on facebook ugh).  That's also why I want to start over again after college, because I did drop a significant amount of weight during my 3 years here.  I want people to know me as thin, not as previously fat. 

Anyway, that's why I love Nicole Ritchie now lol.  People have seen her when she was big, but that doesn't stop her from being cute and thin now.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I could have written this post. Haha. First off because going away to college 600 miles from where I grew up, no one knew me and the few people I told that I used to be fat didn't even believe me! Haha.

    Second, I LOVE Nicole Richie. I never used to, but then I started watching some interviews with her on YouTube and she actually seems pretty intelligent (I guess I always assumed that since she was friends with Paris she was just as dumb). Plus she is super skinny and has a great sense of style. These are two of my favorite videos of her:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Xqn-BMUk8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CXffDfdDc

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO I finally got to watch the videos now that I'm at home--that's so awesome about how she raises her kids. I'm vegan myself and have often wondered what to do when I have kids of my own. Clearly kids can eat healthy (even vegan) foods if you raise them that way and they'll never even know the difference.

    ReplyDelete