Monday, April 18, 2011

I've been noticing a trend on a few blogs that I follow--NOT constantly weighing yourself.
At first this sounded crazy to me--isn't it the point to keep track of your progress?  And also to use those numbers that show up as motivation?

Well, I finally figured out where these girls are coming from lol.  I am terrible at keeping up with my diet plan over the weekend, especially since I don't have a specific schedule to adhere to (like with the ABC diet), so on Monday mornings I weigh myself and pretty much end up being upset for the rest of the day.  And I know it's coming, but I keep falling into the same traps.  It's like I go into the weekend knowing I'll binge, knowing I'll weigh a ton on Monday morning.  And yet I keep doing it.  And then I get upset about it.  But I'm tired of being angry at myself, especially since I work so hard the other 5 days of the week.  I've noticed that my posts have been attacks on myself, and I don't like it anymore. 

This past weekend I ate more than I should have, but less than I have previous weekends.  I believe that it was because I allowed myself to finally relax for a bit--I didn't binge because I didn't want to feel guilty about it.  Of course, I know I didn't lose any weight this weekend.  Which is why I am NOT going to weigh myself today.  I'm going to stick to my small dinner (I haven't had anything to eat all day thus far) and I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Basically, I already know what I want and what I have to do to achieve it.  I also know that I am capable of doing it because I've already gotten this far.  So I know that if I stick to my plan, I'll lose weight whether I step on that scale or not.  Therefore I might as well not weigh myself today when I know it'll just make me miserable.

BUT AS SOON AS Lent is over I will have the specific schedule of the Kekwick then ABC diet lol, so no more excuses then.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! My goal is progress and I know that weighing myself all the time hinders it because if I work really hard and my weight loss halts I am in the WORST mood and I feel like "f**k it, I quit"
    Then I end up feeling even worse. But if I weigh myself a lot less often, I am more likely to see progress.
    Sometimes it's harder than it seems to not do it. But I know you can! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete