Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kekwick Day 2

I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 110.5, which is only half a pound down from yesterday.  I say only because I was kind of expecting more from the Kekwick, so I'm hoping that it's just too soon to see results yet.  In addition to my stomach feeling weird after I'd eat all the macadamia nuts, I've also been met with some "irregularity," which I'm also hoping is contributing to the slow weight loss.  I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow....

Today was a lot easier than yesterday in terms of eating.  I was able to space out my baggies of macadamias every two hours during the day.  I guess since I know what to expect as far as the taste and texture, I was better able to ignore all of it and just eat them.  What I did was eat the nuts while drinking about 24 ounces of water (necessary due to the taste and texture) at the top of the hour (usually lasted ~30 mins), then chew some gum + more water for the second hours (then repeat..).

Hmm so I was originally set on doing the ABC after this, but after hearing about great results by doing Low-Carb I've been tempted to switch to that.  I'm not so sure though, because I'm definitely better at restricting than I am at avoiding certain foods for a long period of time (besides being vegan of course, but that's different because it goes along with my morals/ethics so I feel more strongly about it).  I think I'll decide Friday when I'm done with the Kekwick, and base my decision off of how much weight I lose by then.

One of the ladies I work with today asked me if I was losing weight (yay) which I casually brushed off (I want it to look effortless lol).  The same thing happened yesterday with someone else I used to work with.  I'm glad that it's becoming more noticeable--I can finally notice it myself as well.  My face still looks the same to me because I look at myself in the mirror everyday, but I have noticed that my hands are bonier now.  None of my jeans fit me either--I officially look ridiculous in all of my clothes because they are so huge on me.  But I refuse to buy new ones until I get down to my goal weight!  I might buy one pair of pants in the meantime just because I look so funny in the ones I wear now, but I can't go crazy and go on a shopping spree just because I'm thinner (notice: not yet thin, but thinner...).  It's happened to me in the past, whenever I lose a large amount of weight I get excited and buy new clothes.  Then I stop losing weight because I become content with how I look.  I cannot let this happen this time.  I figure I might as well go all out and lose all the weight I need to instead of becoming content and then unsatisfied over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment