Thursday, May 5, 2011

ABC day 4: 400

Last night I finished my homework early (which NEVER happens but yay!), so I decided to watch Superskinny Me...  I know the documentary meant to show that it is so miserable trying to get to size 00 that it isnt worth it, but it didnt look that bad to me..?  The woman who did it went from size 14(UK) to size 2(UK), which is supposed to be equivalent to 00(US), in like 5-6 weeks.  And Im pretty sure she only lost ~1 stone (14 pounds? sorry Im American lol) to do that...  That seems crazy!  Im not questioning whether it was actually true, and I dont want to be mean, but she didnt even look that skinny (she was definitely thin, but not "superskinny").  I mean, I started out as a size 5(US) when I started blogging here and so far Ive lost ~20 pounds but I am nowhere near superskinny/size 00...   At first I thought, maybe its because shes taller than me--but then I realized that should have the opposite effect lol!  Because Im short I should be able to get to 00 more easily just due to my proportions...  Eh, who knows...  Im still taking it as inspiration lol

Plan for today:
[]Breakfast: 1/4 orange slice ~25
[]Snack: 1/4 orange slice ~25
[x]Lunch: 1 vegan egg roll ~130 mixed greens salad with corn and pico de gallo ~50
[x]Dinner: 8 oz veggie chili ~200 3 slices vegan pizza ~300
[]Snack: 1/4 orange slice ~25

Total~405 375

Update (10:40am): While I was walking to campus I realized I forgot my orange slices and egg roll!  I won't get back to my apartment until 6ish, so I'm currently debating whether I should eat an entire piece of fruit during my break when I go to work (~100 calories) instead of the 1/2 orange + egg roll. :[ but I don't want to eat that much all at once! Arg I guess I'll just have to see what happens when I get there....  I knew I would forget my snacks one day, I just didn't think it would be so soon!  So much for spreading my calories out over my entire day...

Oh, I also forgot to mention something else about Superskinny Me. The lady who got to 00 finished with a BMI of 19...  That's still within healthy range, so what's the problem?  As far as I can see the only thing "unhealthy" about what she did was how quickly she lost the weight. Hmm...

Update (6:00): I had to make some adjustments to my plan but it's ok! I had a mini panic attack when I realized I had to deviate from my carefully planned out meals but then figured if I stick to a small salad during the day I would be fine as far as calories (and when I later looked up the calories it turned out to be no more than 50 calories, which is more than fine lol).  Haha it's kind of funny because I was thinking so much about what I could eat/if I should eat, etc when the perfect solution would of course be a salad...  Oh, and then my boyfriend made me a new type of pizza so I'm going to have some of that for dinner instead of the chili.

Update (9:30): Instead of the orange slice, I ended up snacking on like 4 potato chips, 3 mini pretzels and 1 swedish fish...  ~80 calories. Unfortunately that makes for ~430 calories today instead of 400, but I'm not too worried about it--as long as I stick to that! I'm kinda worried because its still pretty early and I'm still craving sweets (used up my calories today on that pizza and didn't have any of my usual fruit).  I opened a bottle of diet coke though and I'm slowly taking little sips from it whenever I feel like ripping open the bag of swedish fish. It's really helping though yay! I like it better than the vitamin water zero as far as zero calorie drinks but the vitamin water does have vitamins lol so it makes me feel less guilty about drinking it (I've always been against artificial sweeteners but I decided I needed to let some in if I'm going to restrict my calories so much)..

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that documentary really confused me as well.
    The numbers just do not add up, do they? :\
    Ah, well.
    Still great motivation, is it not? :D
    You sound like you have done really well today, despite forgetting your snacks! :)
    And if for some reason you end up not doing well, always remember that tomorrow is a new day, another chance at perfection.
    We will get there. :D
    Hang in there and stay strong, love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post early and watched the documentary on youtube before work. And yeah the girl that was shorter and could fit in the 00 and 0 looked better that much smaller! I don't get why they were saying she's so unhealthy at that weight when her bmi was fine it was just the WAY she lost it. Yeah I don't know haha

    Good luck! I love how well you are about planning your intakes and all, and don't worry one day of forgetting your snacks won't do anything (:
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you two thought the same things about the documentary (and that I'm not crazy lol!).

    Thanks for the encouragement :D It really does help me to know that there are people out there cheering for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you sound so incontrol and strong, its inspirational. much love. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete