Sunday, May 8, 2011

0

I had way too much today. My family picked me up with Mexican food with them, but I had already snacked on trail mix on the way home + 1 cup of fried rice from my boyfriend's mom.  I would put my total at more than 1000. (uhh supposed to be 200...)


I felt so sick of food that I had to go for a walk or something, so I convinced my family to stop by the beach for a while.  We walked around for around 30 minutes, then went shopping for the next 2 hours (thank goodness, more walking around!).  I had to look for some new dresses for my graduation commencement from university (omg).  


Anyway, I know I told myself that I'm not allowed any new clothes until I reach my goal, but the dresses don't count because I need them.  But while I was there I figured I should check out some of the shorts because my size 5 and 7 shorts are falling off me and it's getting too hot to wear jeans...  Soooo I picked out a couple of size 3 shorts, and then grabbed one size 1 and one size 0 just to see how far away I am from them.  In the dressing room I tried the size 0 first--AND OMG IT FIT!  I showed my mom, then tried on the size 1 but she said that pair looked too big!  Ahhh I can't believe it!  My mom got them for me, and we also went to another store where I tried on another pair of size 0 shorts just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and those fit too :)  I also bought a pair of size 1 jeans, but I'm not sure if I'll keep them because they're a bit baggy.  Of course I picked out some dresses, but I've been getting size small in dresses for a while, so I wasn't surprised (although they do look much more flattering than they used to).  


<3 I had so much fun shopping for clothes for the first time ever.  I've still got quite a ways to go as far as weight loss and toning, but it was nice to see "official" progress aside from what the scale says (especially because my scale has been acting up again so I've been skeptical about what it says).  Even my mom was excited for me, she was having so much fun seeing me try on dresses that I never would have been able to wear just a few years ago.


:D weeeee so even though I had way too many calories today, I'm not going to let it get to me too much (although I know I'm going to have to try harder tomorrow >.< mothers day lunch at buca di beppo...).


One thing I did notice: I never would have thought I could fit into size 0/1 shorts/jeans just by looking at myself in the mirror.  Also, when I was looking through the shorts/jeans after looking at the sizes, I thought they seemed really big (which is why I tried on other shorts at a different store--one pair were Roxy jean shorts btw but I can't remember the other brand I bought).  I still feel huge... I think I still look huge...  And it seems that the "small" clothes that I wear (apparently size 0) are huge too...  I don't know...

1 comment:

  1. Walking around a mall is great exercise, and very fun (shopping is one of my passions). Major congrats on becoming a size 0! High five! Don't stress about the calories, it's most likely still below your BMR, so you'll probably still lose some weight. Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete