Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SGD day 3: 400

I'm back down to 112.5 today!  Slowly but steadily I am getting back to where I was before my month-long binge :)

So I just graduated from college, but I'm still taking my last 2 classes right now (just started Monday).  One of them is a math class (I won't bore you with the details lol) and the other is a GE class about diet and exercise...  Hmmmm!  It's really quite interesting and I am already learning so much useful information.  We're all pretty much experts on here about all of the different diets out there and which ones work, etc.  But now I'm learning about why these diets work/don't work and exactly which bodily processes they are capitalizing on.  For example, we've heard that eating multiple small meals a day is better than a couple of large meals.  Why? Because low glucose levels (sugar) causes us to release insulin, which inhibits the breakdown of fat (BAD!).  So instead, we should try to keep our glucose levels higher constantly to promote lower insulin.

Anyway, I'll try to include some more helpful tips from my class on here to share with everyone in the future :)

Plan for today: 400 calories
[x] 2 carrots: 0
[] plain salad: 0
[] fruit: 0
[] vegan meatloaf (homemade by me! out of mushed up black beans) ~230

Princess Perfection I wish I could run for miles and miles without stopping!  I daydream about it all the time, it seems so exhilerating and refreshing.  But I can't do it--not yet anyway!  I've built up to running for over 16 minutes without stopping so far, hopefully I can continue to improve because I love it so much :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a nutrition class?
    Very intriguing, indeed.
    I wonder if they offer any of those at my university?
    Like I would have time to take them anyway, haha.
    Well done on getting back down to 112.5! :)
    I am excitedly awaiting these tips you talk about sharing. :D
    I hope you have a wonderful day; you deserve it!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a Health and Nutrition course last semester... it was interesting to say the least.

    Congrats on graduating! That's a big step towards the big people world lol.

    ReplyDelete