Saturday, June 11, 2011

Graduation!

This morning I went to my departmental graduation ceremony.  I kept getting emotional and teary-eyed (I just can't believe I accomplished what I have, and that I'm going to have to move on right when I was getting comfortable here).  Thanks to Wings to Set me Free and Princess Perfection for the congrats and words of wisdom!  I'm really going to try and sit back to just soak everything in this weekend and enjoy my time with my family.

After the ceremony I went with my family and my boyfriend's family out to Korean BBQ for lunch.  I order the bibimbap sans meat and egg, which means it was basically just a salad and rice--quite tasty!  Plus since it was mostly veggies I didn't feel bad about eating most of it (picked around the rice though to avoid the extra calories).  My parents went back to their hotel for now, so I'm just waiting for them to pick me up and we'll just hang out around LA for the rest of the day (I'm thinking of heading to the Beverly Center).

Last night I signed up for a 5k in August.  I'm really excited!  My goal is to do at least one race every month, or 2 (one every 2 weeks) if I can afford it.  I also bought some new running shoes, the Puma FAAS 300.





Well, I guess that's it for now.  Congrats to any other grads in the Class of 2011! (Like my little sister who just graduated from high school yesterday!)

2 comments:

  1. have fun in LA:) i'm in Newport right now, it's my fav place on earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Elle!
    Wow. Running. I suck at that. I suck at any form of exercise that involves me standing that isn't light walking these days. I get too dizzy too fast to be honest :(
    Sounds like your intake couldn't have been much at all ^__^ like the enthusiastic tone to your post, love! xxx
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete