Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SGD day 2: 300

So today I started out by doing my 4 mile jog.  The last time I did it here in LA was over a week ago (I went home last week because I didn't have school), and I was wearing shorts that kept riding up making me feel incredibly self-conscious (I have huge legs).  Anyway, I was still feeling a bit traumatized by that so I decided to flip my route so that I went through the city part of my jog first before people I might know would be up and about.  Also, if there were any people that might see me, I would just be starting my run so I would still be running strong when they saw me.  The only problem is I didn't take into account the hills on my route.  The direction I usually go in has less steep uphills but steep downhills.  I didn't think about that lol.  So today I was trying to run up steeper hills than I'm used to (and I'm not that much of a runner yet to begin with), and I ended up walking up most of them.  Then like 30 minutes into it I felt like I was going to pass out, possibly because I just started the SGD + I was doing more uphills than I was used to.  I tried to keep going but I really didn't want to faint so I stopped and cut across campus (I've been doing a perimeter run) and went home :(

It sucks because although I was still out there for an hour, half of it was walking.  It was also the first time I tried to run since I started restricting again and I wanted to see how much it would affect my running.  But since I messed everything up by going the opposite way I won't know until tomorrow.

I'm pretty worried because I started running when I decided to become more "healthy."  The only problem was my calories were getting out of control during my "healthy" period and I got up to 115 pounds yesterday (up from 108 pounds in only a month, but down to 114 today).  But I've grown to love running, and I want to continue challenging and improving myself.  It seems somehow that maybe I can't have both :(  I can't be superskinny and be a strong runner.  At least not for now :(

Anyway, I figure I burned about 200 calories this morning.  So far I had an apple (0 cals) and a plain salad (0 cals).  I also had some soy nuts (~150 cals<--I'm overestimating just in case).  So I've still got 150 cals left, or 350 if I subtract my cals burned.  I'm pretty sure I should be fine :) I'm actually still working on my salad and it's already 7pm.

Princess Perfection: Thanks for the words of encouragement!  You're always there for me with something positive :)

Wings to Set me Free: I'll definitely keep you guys updated!  It's nice to be back on here again--you guys keep me on track with my weight loss goals :)

Samzi: Great, thanks for the help :)  I'm not too worried about feeling hungry just because fruits/veggies are so filling anyway, but I'll probably try to keep them under 200 like you said so that I still lose weight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, running.
    You are much braver than I.
    Some days, I wish I could run miles and miles without stopping.
    That would be wonderful.
    But that is never going to be able to happen.
    So I will settle for fast walking, haha. :D
    You are doing super well with the SGD; I am so proud of you! :)
    I hope you have a wonderful day today; you deserve it!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete