Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No time

Bleh I've been so busy finishing up my last two classes (finals next week!) and also with work. I haven't had any free time to come on here and post (although I've been making sure to keep up with all of your blogs!).  Tomorrow I'm going home to go to Comic-con!!  Which means I'll be crazy busy for the rest of the week with that.

I haven't gotten a chance to read Unbearable Lightness yet, but I downloaded Wasted and read that on my new Kindle this weekend.  OMG. It was such an intense read.  I could see myself in her and it scared me to see her lose complete control.  But it was even scarier to find myself inspired by her control (at first) and determination.  As I was reading it, I kept telling myself "okay take this as a warning, you cannot let this happen to you."  But I'd find myself later thinking about how I could go back to running everyday, and that my excuses for not having time or being too tired were just weak excuses....  And I'd think, I could probably cut this out of my diet, and also that...



Anyway, yesterday I went for a run even though I wasn't planning on it as a had an entire weeks worth of homework due that I hadn't started yet.  But I convinced myself that I would just stay up as late as necessary to finish it, and that I needed to run.  I'll also make sure to run today, especially since I'll be traveling tomorrow.  Then Comic-con for 4 straight days, which means no time for eating and walking around all day lugging around my huge bag of freebies!!!  Very excited, I look forward to it every year :)  I just hope that I have the energy for it--I've become addicted to coffee this past year, but I usually have free access to it from work or by making it at home.  At comic-con I would actually have to pay for it, which I would rather not do since I drink so much of it and starbucks is sooo expensive!! 

4 comments:

  1. Soooo jealous you're going to ComiCon! GAHHH!!

    I need to read "Wasted". I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasted looks really good. Im reading 'Thin' atm, such a good read. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Wasted too. It looks good and I've heard it is. I just need to actually decide to do it. I'm not much of a book reader most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasted is an amazing book!
    So glad you liked it. :)
    Dude, have tons of fun at ComiCon, sounds like a total blast! :D
    Hope things are going great for you!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete